My Exploding Head

"Sometimes I try to trick my brain into thinking it is dormant, but I know it’s not. I know for every reason I say to it, “stop working, turn off, go to sleep now,” it has a thousand other reasons to continue thinking, to stay on full tilt - - whether I like it or not.

So when I think I’m tired of firing salvos into the abyss, my eyes flitter as they follow the curve of the smoke from the artillery shells, watching them ricochet off the falling stars.

My brain doesn’t flinch as it cranks up and starts more verbose evacuation. I am a glutton for punishment as my brain puts me under the gun and instead of screaming, “Stop,” I scream, “More. Always keep learning, growing, and evolving. That’s what mind the gap is to me. Minding the ability to fill the void with life.

Humans have an unlimited capacity to learn. Unlike computers, no human brain has ever said, "Hard drive full." Even if we only use a percentage of our brain at a time, we are still engaging the infinite possibilities that reside in our craniums."


~Alexys Fairfield


Read more in...Mind The Gap

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing.

About This Blog

Copyright © 2005 - 2010 by Alexys Fairfield. All Rights Reserved.

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP